From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

An Unexpected Thanksgiving Gift

Well, we had hoped to have our immigration approval by Thanksgiving. It doesn't appear that has happened. Yesterday, Pete called and was told our file has finally been assigned to an officer and is under review, so we are hopeful that it may happen soon. We had an unexpected blessing today! For the past two years, I have been doing volunteer work for the organization that provided Anna's foster care in China. We also sponsor a child for foster care. As a result, we receive their quarterly newsletters. It arrived today with such a special gift. Last summer, they did several summer camps with the older children in the orphanages and foster care program up in the province. I knew that another mission organization had done some of the camps, including Li Meng's orphanage. My understanding was that the camps were for older children, so I didn't expect he would be included. These camps were at several orphanages and probably included hundreds of children. When I was reading through the newsletter today, the center section had 17 pictures from the camps. To our shock, amazement and delight, one of the pictures included was a picture of Li Meng with one of the camp counselors! There is no doubt it is him. Aside from recognizing his sweet face, he is holding his very recognizable hand up to the camera to show off his craft. He and the counselor hugging him in the picture both have the most sweet smiles (probably why the picture made it in the newsletter). He has a decorated plate on his head and looks like he was having a great time at the camp. This picture will be such a special treasure to us. We only received two referral pictures. Those pictures are now over a year old and he wasn't really smiling in either one. What a special gift from our gracious Lord! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and my favorite day of the year! My family has patiently endured my ban on Christmas decorations and music until after tomorrow and I have endeavored to keep focused on this day set aside for Thankfulness to our Gracious God (despite living in the Christmas Tree capitol of the world...) Praying it is a truly blessed day for all, Kristine

1 comment:

small world said...

Kristine,
What a truly wonderful and amazing gift from God. His hand is SO all over this adoption. It is simply miraculous!
Happy, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Love, The VanWettens