About a week and a half ago, I was tucking my boys into bed. After chatting and praying, I started passing out kisses and said something to one of them that included the word "son". Joshua asked, "which one son?" That is his way of asking the meaning of a word. I responded that he was my son, Mark was my son and James was my son -- "three sons!" He then said, "where's four?" He proceeded to talk about his friend back in China that would be coming to America. He had mentioned before that there was a boy from the orphanage that was also going to be coming to America. It had only been a couple of months ago that he finally started to tell me the names of a couple of his friends and talk about them a bit. The conversation started out light hearted as he said he thought his friend should come here and I told him they had too many legos to fit another brother in the room. Joshua started to talk about a boy at the orphanage that was mean to the other children. I told him that I was glad his brothers weren't mean to him and that it was better here. At that point, his mood changed and he got tears in his eyes. I ended up holding him while he had a good cry. Eventually he started talking again and told me about the boys that wouldn't be adopted because nobody wanted them. He told me he had been sad when he went to bed at night and that everyone was sad. This was the first time he had ever said anything like this. He was always smiling and happy in the many pictures we have of him from his time in China and had always smiled and laughed when talking about things in the orphanage. We talked a long time. I asked him to help me remember to pray each night for those boys to have forever families. He has been praying for them ever since. It was hard to hear of the sadness, but also precious to hear his heart for the other children and to know that he wants them to have a family like he has. What a blessing. He is such a sweet and loving boy. For the past 2 or 3 weeks he has wanted to pray all of the time. He prays special prayers for all of us.
There is another chapter to this story. Two days after this conversation I received an email from the yahoo group for families that have adopted from his province. Someone posted that there was a boy from his orphanage on the shared list of waiting children. Long story short, I learned it is the same boy he has been talking about, the same boy that is in almost all of the pictures with Joshua that came from the orphanage. Apparently, his best friend. We are hoping and praying for a family for this precious boy. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it was a family nearby? God has done such amazing and unexpected things to bring our two blessing from China into our family. We wait with expectation to see what He has planned and hope to do whatever we can to make sure this boy also has a forever family. Please pray with us. If you feel led to find out more about this boy. Please contact us.
No comments:
Post a Comment