From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

China Blessings - The Sequel

Li Meng

This sweet little boy is from the same corner of the world as our Anna. He lives in the orphanage in ShiHeZi that was responsible for Anna. He is in some of the pictures that we received of Anna. We made inquiries about him over a year ago when we noticed his arms appeared to have the same condition as Anna's. The orphanage director was kind enough to give us information about him and confirmed his condition is the same. This is a rare condition and a geneticist told us this version of it occurs in only about 1 in 200,000 births. His official birth date is October 18, 2002. This makes him 5 1/2 years old, one year younger than Mark and about 20 months older than Anna. About a month ago, I stumbled upon his listing with an adoption agency that friends are using to adopt children from Ethiopia. The circumstances were really quite miraculous. We began praying about what God would have us do now that we found this little guy available for adoption. This was not something we took lightly. After much prayer and consideration, we decided to make every effort to bring him into our family. The agency has approved our application and officially "matched" us with him. We are now beginning the "paperchase" that took about nine months to bring Anna to our home. Below are some of the pictures we originally saw that showed Anna and Li Meng together. For those of you that want to read the longer version of how Li Meng came into our lives, it is included in the Help Bring Him Home blog - see link. More updates on Li Meng and other updates from our family will be posted here in the future!

3 comments:

Jina said...

We love your blog! It is great to see more pictures of Li Meng! We are praying with you through this and pray that the Lord will work quickly on your families' behalf!

Love you,
The Pattons

small world said...

Of course only God can really find that needle in a haystack, but it was apparently your eyes that he wanted to use to see it with!!!! We Love you guys and your family's heart for the things most precious to the Lord. Now hang on for the ride...here you go!
Love, The VanWetten Family

small world said...

It is only God that can find that needle in a haystack, but it was apparently your eyes he wanted to use to see it with!! We love you guys and your family's heart that loves the things most precious to God. Now hang on for the ride...here you go!!!
Love, The VanWetten Family