From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Praying for the Chapman Family

Our hearts are broken for the Chapman family this morning as they have lost their beautiful daughter Maria. She is the youngest of their three daughters adopted from China. As you can see from our blog, Steven Curtis Chapman's music has touched our hearts in many ways. Aside from his adoption related songs, he has written many other songs that God has used to touch my own heart over the years. I could make a list of different songs and how they have impacted me. I have sometimes referred to him as "Pastor Steven Curtis Chapman." I do believe God has truly inspired many of the songs he has written. He has written songs of comfort for many others, including parents that have lost children. We are praying that God brings comfort and peace to them in this tragedy. I saw this link today. http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/inmemoryofmaria/

No comments: