From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

We have a name!

After much prayer and lively discussion, we have finally agreed on the name Joshua! We deliberated for a very long time about the name. Since he is old enough to understand the importance and significance of his name, it seemed even more important that we choose a name that would have significance and meaning. There were several other names that had serious consideration and in the end I asked my husband to make a decision. He took a quick poll on this name while we on vacation and announced this was the name. The next morning I decided it would be nice to read through the Old Testament book of Joshua. I didn't get very far before I realized that our family had worn this name around our necks. A few years ago my husband started wearing a shield/cross pendant that had the verse Joshua 1:9 on the back. James had wanted one too and Pete bought one for him. The next Christmas, James wanted to buy one for everyone else in the family. I wore mine all of the time until I got my necklace in China with the Love symbol. I think we should all start wearing them again until we bring Joshua home. Joshua 1:9 - "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

2 comments:

Barb said...

I love the name Joshua!

And I love the verse you mentioned too, it was Chelsea's life verse.

Jina said...

It is such a walk of faith and anticipation to be giving Li Meng his Aldrich name. I praise the Lord for the things He is doing today and has yet to do in your lives! When I read Joshua, the Spirit resonated with it so clearly. That is a PERFECT name for him. I may forget Li Meng, but I won't forget Joshua.

Love to you all!
Jina