From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Love Heals Your Heart



One of the things I've been doing while waiting for Joshua to come home has been running. I run because I know that it is good for me and I think God is using it to teach me many things, not the least of which is endurance. There isn't much that I enjoy about the actual running part since it is usually painful and inconvenient. What I enjoy most is sharing it with my husband and sister and that I can listen to my ipod shuffle - a wonderful gift from my sister! The music I have loaded is very encouraging and inspirational. Some of the songs in particular will remind me to pray for Joshua. The song linked above is one of them - Love Heals Your Heart. We feel very called and confirmed that he belongs in our family. We hope that he will be happy and blessed to join our family. We know that even if he is happy and excited, he will still have hurts to heal in his heart. This song is an encouragement to me when I listen to it. It makes me think of times in my life that my heart was so broken, I didn't think it could be fixed again and thankful that even broken hearts can heal. It reminds me to pray for God to pour His grace on Joshua, to ask for Him to enable us to pour our love into him and for our love and God's love to heal his sweet, little heart. For those of you, who like me check email after others are sleeping and prefer to avoid audio - I'll paste in the lyrics below...

-----
Did you think you were immune to this
Did you think you could escape without infection
You do all you're able to resist
Just to avoid the danger of rejection

Memory warns you of the past
When it all went wrong

When you think your life is shattered
And there's no way to be fixed again
Love heals your heart
At a time you least expected
You're alive like you have never been
Love heals your heart

Everybody has a wall to climb
That was built to guard the pain that holds them captive
Every smile that they would hide behind
Will try to mask the hurt beneath the surface

Sometimes it's hard to understand
How we're trapped inside

When you think your life is shattered
And there's no way to be fixed again
Love heals your heart
At a time you least expected
You're alive like you have never been
Love heals your heart
---

Okay - while I'm at it - another favorite Ipod song - an older song, but a goodie..
by Avalon - Testify to Love - This one can put me in danger of inadvertently smacking another runner, falling off of a treadmill or at least embarassing myself...



Mmmmm - one more....since I probably won't be buying any CDs in the near future and I didn't get it for my birthday - I splurged on the 99cent download from itunes to get this song onto my ipod tonight...you may recognize it from a previous post... great song!

1 comment:

small world said...

Oh you know I understand what you are going through! I love the song you gave us, "Waiting on you Lord". I listened to it again tonight on your blog and it brought back every feeling I had. But the girls are here in my house now and I am amazed. It comes, but the waiting is so difficult. I am praying for you and your family tonight!
Love, Theresa