From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Forever...


Today we celebrated Resurrection Sunday - Easter. This was Joshua's first time. He enjoyed all of the fun yesterday of decorating and hiding eggs. He has also paid attention, this week, to the story of Easter and remembered much of it as we opened up resurrection eggs today and the kids retold the story. Pete's family was here today. We prayed for our nephew, Matthew, who will soon be deployed to Afghanistan and for his wife. As everyone was leaving tonight and giving hugs and good-byes, Joshua decided to be silly and give me a hug good-bye. I gave him a dramatic hug and told him I would see him in 30 seconds... then he said "see you tomorrow", then I said, "and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that..." and he said with a huge smile, "and forever!!!" Ahhh -- he gets it! Joshua continues to pray for the boys back in China to have forever families (see earlier post -- "son"). I'm including a picture of his good friend from the orphanage. This boy is currently eligible for adoption and we are praying for God to work out all of the details for this sweet boy and the family that God has planned for him. p.s. Joshua tells us his friend didn't like having pictures taken and they would sometimes have to tickle him to make him smile for a photo....

No comments: