From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Call We've Been Waiting For...



Just when it felt like we couldn't take another minute of waiting -- we received the call we have been waiting for - our Travel Approval has arrived! Not 10 minutes earlier, my husband had sent an email to our agency to inquire about our status. When I saw the caller ID, I thought the call was in response to his request for a phone call. What a surprise to found out our TA was here. We are now waiting to hear if our agency will be able to secure the necessary appointments with Civil Affairs office in Xinjiang Province and the US Consulate in Guangzhou. If we can get those appointments, we will travel to China with the group leaving at the end of next week! Thank you for praying about this with us and praying us to this point. The prayer, support and encouragement we have received at every step of this journey has been such a blessing to us.

2 comments:

Barb said...

What wonderful news! I'll be praying that the timing works out that you'll be able to go next week.

Loads of love to you guys!

Shirlee McCoy said...

We're a homeschool family, too. My husband and I travel next week to bring home our seven year old daughter. We'll be praying for you as you go to meet your son. I know it's hard to leave the other kids home for such an extended period of time, but God has His hand in it all.

May you have peace as you continue on this fantastic jouney!