From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Travel Dates!

Our appointments have been made and our plane tickets purchased! What a difference a day makes! Thank you all who prayed for this to happen. Once again, we are near the front of the line for new regulations. We will have to stay in Guangzhou for extra days to allow for new TB testing requirements. It sounds like there are four other families from our agency that will be there with us and a couple more that are able to leave earlier because they are not affected. Tomorrow I'll post details of our itinerary. What I do know is that we leave here Saturday morning, June 20th, land in Hong Kong on Sunday evening and fly to Urumqi on Monday morning. We will meet Li Meng that afternoon! We fly to Guangzhou on Friday or Saturday and get our US Visa on July 7 (Pete's birthday) and fly home on the 8th. We will be gone for Father's Day, Anna's Birthday, the Fourth of July and Pete's birthday -- but I'm sure we'll find many creative ways to celebrate.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I can't wait to follow your journey.