My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him,. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. Psalm 62:5-6
A friend sent this scripture today.
Today, two other waiting moms from our agency and I had agreed to dedicate this day to pray and draw near to our Savior. I think we all struggled with this day and felt the weight of contending in prayer. I want desperately to trust in God alone for each step of this journey. The struggle is to rest in that when it feels like there should be something to do to make things happen.
It has been three years ago this month that Shi Ru Yi (Anna) and Li Meng (Joshua) were photographed together. I realized today that God has given me a special opportunity to have prayed for this child for nearly half of his life. While it is hard to wait patiently while this little boy is on the other side of the world, we know He is in God's care and that is the best place to be. We need to trust our Mighty God with our children. There may come a day that some of our children will be grown and living on the other side of the planet and we will need to trust Him in new ways.
Tonight, this song by Laura Story played on the radio while I was folding laundry. When I went to find it on youtube, I also found a clip of her story...it puts new light on the song and perspective on our waiting. The link for that story is below the video clip with these lyrics that are such a good reminder of the One in Whom we place our trust.
I was also reminded tonight of the meaning of the name Joshua - "Jehovah Saves"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIpRTKwCpIQ
RE: Kristine Aldrich
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment