From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Friday, April 24, 2009

Another step complete!




Today our immigration officer called to inform us that she was approving our i800 form...not to be confused with the i800A that we waited to receive from August to December of last year. The i800 form could not be submitted until last week when we received our acceptance letter from China specific to Joshua. There are four more steps between us and making airline reservations for China! The next step is for the National Visa Center to receive our file and cable it to the US Consulate in China. After that, the consulate will issue what is being called an "article 5" report with our second "RA" (or LOA) -- the acceptance letter and call the courier for our agency to pick it up and send it to the China Center for Adoption Affairs (CCAA) in Beijing. The third step is for CCAA to issue our Travel Approval. The fourth step is for our agency to confirm our appointment with the US Consulate to obtain Joshua's visa and attend a swearing in ceremony for his US Citizenship. It seems to take about a month to complete these four steps. We're hoping we will be able to travel to China by mid-June.

These photos were sent to us last December when we received our Preliminary Approval.

2 comments:

small world said...

Praise God! We are praying that everything flies though the system in record time with the earliest travel day possible. BTW...who will you take on the trip?
Love,
Theresa

JbarJ Mom said...

We are planning to take Mark with us. He will be the ambassador for the rest of the kids. However, he needs to stay out of the woods. This week he got into poison oak. No one would let him into their country looking as he did this week! But, that's another blog post...