From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Care Packages and Prayer Request



We were very excited to finally receive our acceptance letter from China because it meant we could send care packages. Here is a picture of the care package that was immediately sent to him from Lady Bugs N Love. In addition to the items pictured, it included letters to the orphanage director and to him from us that had been translated into Chinese. They have also ordered a cake and called the orphanage with a list of questions from us. We are hoping to hear back about these things soon. They did confirm the package was received last week.

We are also sending a care package from here at home that we packed with things ourselves. It includes a photo book with pictures of our family, home, pets, Oregon scenery, things we like to do, pictures of him and messages to him. The captions and messages were translated into Chinese by an exchange student.

Meanwhile, we would appreciate all prayer warriors interceding on behalf of our travel approval. That is the final big item needed before we can travel to China. The group just ahead of us has been experiencing delays in this step. We are also praying that fears of swine flu will not cause unnecessary delays.

This morning, when I woke up, I kept thinking of Isaiah 26:3. I emailed our family coordinator from our agency and asked for prayer and shared that verse with her. She replied that they had already been reading that chapter in their staff meeting and had previously selected Isaiah 26:23-24 as the verse of the week. I guess I need to keep that one in front of me -- here it is --

Isaiah 26:3 -"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."
24 - "Trust in the LORD forever, for in Yah, the LORD, is everlasting strength."

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Praying for your TA!!!!!! Your little guy is SO darned cute! Hopefully we can meet up and let our kiddos play :)