From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Switching to Travel Blog!

Beginning tomorrow, updates will be on our travel blog. The link is on the upper left corner of this page. Tomorrow, we should be able to post our itinerary. Today, we confirmed we will be spending 7 days in Beijing before traveling to meet Li Meng. It is too costly to change our flights from arriving in Hong Kong to arriving in Beijing (about 3,000), so we will spend the night in Hong Kong and fly to Beijing the next morning. Details will be coming in the morning. We expect to see some sights while in Beijing and maybe even see some friends. We do not know what each day will bring. The rest of our agency travel group will be leaving Beijing on Monday morning before we arrive. We will meet some of them when we arrive in Guangzhou on July 2nd. Most of them are leaving for China tomorrow.

Prayer requests:
That we would be salt and light and have words of encouragement and hope in all circumstances.
That we would stay safe and healthy and have no further complications relating to flu or other concerns.
That the airline would find a way for us all to sit together on our flights.
That our children will be safe and a blessing to grandparents and friends.
That Mark would not have allergy or asthma issues and that we will find food he can safely eat.
That computer, email access and phones would work so we can keep in touch with all of you!
That Pete would be able to resolve issues with work and be able to take care of those items needing attention while we are in China.
That we can meet our son on schedule (June 29) or perhaps even earlier. We would also love to visit his orphanage to meet his nanny and friends.
That God is preparing his heart to meet us and begin to understand our love for him and God's love for him.
That we would have wisdom in how to make him feel comfortable and accepted.
That we would be able to understand each other.
That our children, family and friends are ready to meet and receive him with love, patience and grace.
We are so thankful for the miracles that have happened to bring us this far. God has provided all we need, just when we needed it.
Two days ago, I received a phone call from someone offering a contact for a Mandarin translator that sounds absolutely perfect and is an answer to my prayers!

See you at the travel blog!!! http://jbarjoshua.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I am so excited to follow your journey!!!! I'm praying for you guys!!!!