From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Be Still and Know

This afternoon, I thought a short run might help me improve my attitude a bit. I spent a good part of the day doing what I later decided were "nesting" activities all the while knowing I could be nesting for quite some time. We have been eagerly awaiting our travel approval (TA) and rejoicing with friends that are leaving to bring their children home. We had held out hope perhaps it would arrive in time to travel with this group. Today, we learned from someone with another agency that our province is not scheduling adoption appointments due to the flu. Even if our TA comes arrives, we cannot travel if our province is not scheduling appointments. I'm not really sure what these provinces are waiting for - I hope it is not for a vaccine to be developed because that could take several months. We're trying not to lose heart when we are so close. When I left to run, I debated whether to bring the ipod or listen to the birds along the road. I opted for ipod thinking music might help me get my mind off of the frustrations of waiting. There are 170 songs on my ipod -- and what song should play first? "When Love Takes You In" (See bottom for "Li Meng's Song") For 2 1/2 years, every time I hear that song, I would think of this little boy in China. When that song ended, the song - "Be Still and Know" came on. I keep my ipod on shuffle and was surprised by another SCC song and thought I had changed it accidentally - it was still on shuffle. Perhaps God thought I needed a reminder.


Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is holy
Be still, O restless soul of mine
Bow before the Prince of peace
Let the noise and clamor cease
Be still

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is faithful
Consider all that he has done
Stand in awe and be amazed
And know that He will never change
Be still

Be still and know that he is God
Be still and know he is our Father
Come rest your head upon his breast
Listen to the rhythm of his
unfailing heart of love
Beating for His little ones
Calling each of us to come
Be still, Be still

No comments: