The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
For My Waiting Friends and Their Children
From Isaiah 43 Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you...Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your descendants from the East, and gather you from the West; I will say to the North, 'Give them up!' and to the South, 'Do not keep them back!' Bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth -- everyone who is called by My name, whom I have created for my glory...Thus says the LORD, who makes a way through the sea and a path through the mighty waters...Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert...
From Hebrews 11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony...but without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him...
From Romans 4 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness...Abraham, who is the father of us all...in the presence of Him whom he believed-God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did; who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations...he did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.
From Psalm 27 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid. One thing I have desired of the LORD, that will I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...He shall set me high upon a rock...lead me in a smooth path.. When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take care of me...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!
Those are some awesome promises and incredible reminders from the Word of God that I plan to chew on all week. The only thing for certain is that God is in control. Thank you for the reminder to rest in that and not let fear overcome us waiting mamas.
Praying for you as well. Tamera -waiting mama eager to bring home our little boy
How perfect!! I just sat at my computer and let all the words of the song and the scriptures pour over my heart. The word is so good and I am so in need of hearing it every moment of the day. Thank you for this post.
It is Monday here in England..... I wait with great anticipation!!
2 comments:
Those are some awesome promises and incredible reminders from the Word of God that I plan to chew on all week. The only thing for certain is that God is in control. Thank you for the reminder to rest in that and not let fear overcome us waiting mamas.
Praying for you as well.
Tamera
-waiting mama eager to bring home our little boy
How perfect!! I just sat at my computer and let all the words of the song and the scriptures pour over my heart. The word is so good and I am so in need of hearing it every moment of the day. Thank you for this post.
It is Monday here in England..... I wait with great anticipation!!
Post a Comment