From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Joshua's Camp Buddy




Here are some pictures taken last summer with Joshua's Camp Buddy. There are two organizations that partner up to provide a special camp experience for children at the orphanages up in his province. Each child is assigned a "buddy" for the camp. One of the organizations is Good Rock Foundation. They also sponsored Anna's foster care. The other is called Eagle's Mount. Both are run by special Christian people. His camp buddy is also an Occupational Therapist.
Right now, they are raising funds to sponsor camps again this summer. It costs $80 for a child to attend camp. Joshua spent three days and nights away from the orphanage having this special experience. We would like to help more children participate this summer (we're hoping we have him home before then!) If you would like to sponsor a child for camp, contact me and I will tell you how you can make a donation through Love Without Boundaries (lwb handles donations from the US since the two organizations are not registered in the US).

No comments: