From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Thursday, May 28, 2009



Just feeling like putting up another photo of our little guy. We were told he had written back to us after receiving our care packages and letters, but we haven't received anything yet. Last weekend, I was feeling very at peace in the wait. This week has been harder. I had really thought we would be getting our TA and travel dates sometime this week. Nothing has come for us yet (even though I've seen some things for other agencies the past two days), our agency travel coordinator is on vacation and yesterday I learned there is another holiday in China closing their offices the remainder of the week -- so unless something straggles in today, it is unlikely we would hear anything until later next week.
If this process was the same as it was with Anna, we would have booked travel and left shortly after receiving our approval back on April 15. (And that approval would have arrive months earlier.) If the process was the same as it was for Hague families at the first of this year, we would have likely been leaving today with our agency's travel group. If things were the same as they were before swine flu, we would know for certain that when our TA arrives, we would have all of the appointments necessary to book travel and leave. I told my husband yesterday that it feels like running a long race and just when you have the finish line in sight -- they tell you it is being extended another mile, and maybe another one after that when you get there.

More training in trusting God. Trying to make the most of the wait.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I am praying, praying, praying for you!!!!! I was so hoping to see a post with your name on it with a giant TA...Hopefully by the time we figure out a day to get together you can show that TA to me in person!!!!!
Shannon