From Psalm 27

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear...One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD...I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; wait , I say, on the LORD!

Monday, May 4, 2009

One more step........




Today we received notification that last Friday the National Visa Center forwarded our case to the US Consulate in Guangzhou for processing. Now we wait for word that the Consulate has issued our Article 5 report for pickup by our agency's representative and forwarding to CCAA. Still waiting to hear reports of more Travel Approvals and hoping to see some this week.

Here are the pictures that started us on this journey. These pictures were taken in summer of 2006 with a disposable camera we sent in a care package for Anna. There were several pictures taken with her foster mother and her foster mother's relatives. We aren't sure why these pictures were taken with this group of children at the orphanage. As far as we have ever been told, she spent all of her time in foster care. Can you pick out Anna and Joshua?It was the picture of the two of them standing on the stairs that caught my husband's attention. We were waiting for our turn to share our story at an adoption information meeting for our agency. He and Anna were looking through a photo album. We had seen the pictures before, but until that night hadn't noticed that the boy in the pictures seemed to have the same condition affecting his arms as Anna. I couldn't sleep that night. Those pictures started a quest to find out about this boy. That was January of 2007. In April 2008 we finally found him listed for adoption and now here we are, waiting for travel approval to bring him home!


No comments: